Menu Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer in Alaska


In May 2011 our family made the long journey to Alaska from Fort Campbell,Kentucky. At that time we moved in a house in Wasilla,Alaska. Yes, this is the home of Sarah Palin. When we arrived we were dressed in jeans and hoodies. I can remember driving with my husband by Wasilla lake and shocked that families are in their bathing suits in 60-70 degrees!! Fast forward two years later we are THOSE people!! 




Look at how young Daisy and Lila are!! I was pregnant with Brooke at this time. Behind Lila is one of my FAVORITE mountain peaks in Alaska. It is named the Matanuska Peak.

What is summers like in Alaska ? I would have to say its changes daily!  Our first summer in 2011 it was PERFECT! Perfect temperature! Summer  of 2012 it RAINED the whole summer!! Few hot days! 2013 summer started out with the latest snow fall on record in May. In June we hit temperature around 95-100 degrees! This is Alaska. I have learned over time to not listen to the weather man.Its 50/50 on if the weather man is right or not. Instead I look out the window.

In the summer my husband is in heaven. Every weekend and break he is either fishing or hunting. This is his passion and is mine. I go when I can. 

The best way to show you how our family summers go is with photos! 





















Last summer we owned chickens.I loved every minute of having them.




Our summer isn't over yet!!! More photos to come! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment