Menu Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Moose

When we moved to Alaska the first thing I wanted to do was see a moose! I have never seen one before and wondered what the fuss was about. Moose are HUGE!!They are everywhere!  During the summer months it easier to run into them For example in our house in Wasilla I would have to stare out our back window for moose before I let the dogs out to go potty.  Why? Cause if A moose thinks the dogs are getting to close they will stomp them. They associate dogs with a wolf.  It was harder to see moose in the woods during the summer months.

Can you see the moose? Guess what ...there is 3 .. A momma and her 2 babies... See my point!! It's hard! This was our first summer. We just put our lawn in. This past summer the girls and I were out back with our neighbor... Around the area the back fence along came a momma and her twins. At first you might say well don't move... they will pass... Just like we are with our children they are protective! I didn't want to take the chance and made a dash for the back door. 

Here is a video of a man in his huge lifted diesel truck and a momma moose. 



                                                               Intense right!!








This was the winter of record breaking snow fall. At one point we had 9 moose bedded (laying down ) in our patch of woods behind out house. My neighbor and  I would call each other back and forth inform each other on the status of the moose  in our backyard. For our safety and the dogs.




                                 I am still a tourist and love to stop to take photos of them!! 

                                   Moose can be found everywhere... Random spots like!!

                                                              

                                                                 Coffee shops!!!


                                                                 In the hospital ?!?!


                                       They get hungry.... in turn get stuck in random places...

                                     Or you can look out the window to see them doing this!!
 
                              Not the best music choice for above video! But you get the point!


       
                                        In both of these videos the people are very lucky!  

Right now we rarely see moose. Once the snow starts melting they head up to higher grounds. First moose I have seen in months was very random. I went outside to take photos of the tree changing (yes, in July) and a bull moose was running through the park in our backyard.
 

Disclaimer: Some of the above photos and all the videos I personally didn't take or film. I found and re posted from the Internet. If one of these photos are yours please email me so I can give you credit. Thanks! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment