Menu Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Farmers Market




            Little Slice of heaven in Alaska.


      Today after I ran some errands I decided to stop by the farmers market in Palmer. I love this place. The staff is always very helpful. The vegetables are picked at 10 am every morning. All organic and local. 







              I bought three ! YUMMMMMMM!!!!





  Not sure what these are or how to cook them.They said it taste like a mushroom?? 


 
                      
                   Zucchini is in season!! 





          I would love to make jelly some day. 










An average zucchini vs the Large zucchini 
I am going to try to make zucchini lasagna. Stay tuned!!! 



                   
                    Worth EVERY penny!! 






 ........ Pretty cool! What would you do with them through ? 








 Friends in the lower 48. This is a good price on milk. Promise! 






 Wish I would have grabbed one of these beauties !! 



Behind the produce there is a another sliding door. I love walking back there is see the next produce to be harvested. 

Oh how I love this place!! Every time I go there is different items. Last time I went there was different types of bread made from a older lady down the street. She makes everything from scratch using organic products. 


Some times its the small things in life that remind you to slow down and enjoy the normal day to day blessings. Walking into this local farmers market takes you back to the time were quality mattered. The lady who works at the cash register knows me by name. She always has a smile on her face. She invests in the relationship with her customers. At the super market you get produce that could be days old and support some big chain company. I believe in investing in the local community. I rather pay a little bit more to know that my produce is hours old and wasn't sprayed with chemicals. 


If you are local check it out! It's worth the drive! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment