Menu Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


                                                                          ONE

My oldest Lila is going to be a Kindergartner! On Tuesday. This is a whole new chapter for my family. Our week consisted of preparing for the school year. 






                                                                      TWO 

The fireweed is starting to die and bud out... It suppose to mean we have 6 weeks till winter... ! I am ready!!






                                                                        THREE




My favorite purchase of the week!! I LOVE LOVE my new salt and pepper shakers. 

                               
                                                                    FOUR


  I have a bead neck less addiction right now.... Intervention ??? 








                                                                     


                                                                         FIVE


                            View from my back yard tonight!!! I love living in Alaska.




2 comments:

  1. 1. I bet you are so excited and sad at the same time to have a kindergartener!

    2. My husband watches everything on TV to do to Alaska and he secretly wants us to move there so he would be very jealous of you! How do smocked/monogram clothes go over in Alaska? I LOVE them, but I'm in Oklahoma. Just wondering if it's common in AK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    1) I am SO excited and sad. After this week more excited for her! She is ready. She loves playing with her new friends.

    2)Its funny because I have seen them film the Alaska state troopers a few times ...driving down the road you will see them pulling someone over and a camera man standing behind him... WEIRD! Alaska is a huge state. When you watch we have lived in the Mat su valley (Wasilla) and Currently in Anchorage. When you watch shows about Alaska is hard to understand how each place is different. Right now up north and were my husband is hunting it is already snowing... But here in Anchorage we have a few more weeks.
    Alaska is a state once you come you don't want to leave. It is like living in the south minus humidity/snakes/chiggers etc. Even know we had a "hot" summer we only reached about 85. If you ever come visit I would love to show you around. Fishing is amazing and hunting. Does you husband like to do these things? Maybe show him a few old blog post that has my husband with his trophies?
    I love smocked dresses. In turn I order all of them online. I stick out very much here on how we dress but I don't mind. I have a few friends on post that are from the south and love them also. They ship up here for really cheap. Not much different than shipping to your house. Smocked dresses and monograms is very uncommon in Alaska. Think I can bring the south to Alaska? I sure am trying!!

    ReplyDelete